These are not diet flapjacks! but they are really nice.and not at all hard to make. I make loads of these as My fiancee and friends love them so they don't last long .This recipe makes about 5 to 6 but I usually have to double it .
- 125 grams of oats
- 60 grams of dried fruit (I use dried banana & raisins but you could use anything)
- 100 grams of dessicated coconut
- 120 grams of honey(about half a small jar)
- 60 grams of butter
- Orange juice if the mix is to dry
you also need: a large saucepan ,some silicone cupcake liners, a bakingtray.
if you want to use paper liners you will need a cupcake pan to put them in as the paper liner won't stand up by themselves or you can put them inside the silcone liners .Here's what you do:
- Preheat the oven to gasmark 5
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan
- .Add the honey
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Mix it all up very well
- The mix should be pretty sticky now with the butter and honey holding the dry ingrients together .If it's to dry add orange juice little by little.
- Put the mix into your silicone cupcake liners and put them in the oven for 7 minutes
The flapjacks keep easily for a week in an airtight container.